Laptop for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinsfan85

Beta member
Hey All! I have a kick ass desktop system that i play all the latest games on. I want a laptop for these games so i dont have to haul my desktop with me to lan parties and such. My problem is I only have about 1500 to spend. I found a site where i can get this for that price:CPU : Intel® Pentium® M Processor 760 @ 2.0GHz 478-PIN 533FSB 2MB L2 CACHE
MOTHERBOARD : Intel 915GM Alviso & Intel ICH6-M Chipset Mainboard
MEMORY : 1GB PC4200 DDR2-533 SODIMM MEMORY
VIDEO CARD : Upgradable MXM Type II 16X PCI-Express NVIDIA Geforce GO 6600 256MB Video
HARD DRIVE : 80GB 5400RPM SATA150 HARD DRIVE
OPTICAL DRIVE : 8X DVD REWRITABLE DRIVE
SOUND : BUILT-IN AC 97 SOUND.
My question is WIll this be good enough to run some of the newer games such as call of duty 2 and possibly quake 4 smoothly. I dont need to play them at the best quality but preferably a decent setting. I just want them to run smoothly with little lag. Also what the hell does upgradable vid card mean? I thought that laptop vid cards cannot be upgraded. Do they mean i can upgrade the vram or upgrade the card maybe to a 6800 or something like that. Thanks in advance!

yeah man that setup is good, dont think that you need the 2gb of ram but try to get the 6800 go graphics, that will hook you up just fine, you wont have to worry about lags an stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom