450mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap thats old. I thought I would never find someone who still uses a slot proccessor. See if you can't get into the CMOS Setup thatd be a good way to start. I doubt you can cause Im taking a wild guess here and gonna say its a prebuilt and most prebuilts are not able to OC. Locked BIOS's.

But gotta check, if you can get into CMOS and find the setting for the CPU we may have something going.

You can't OC those things worth a can of crap. You may as well find the socket, and upgrade to the highest processor that your slot can handle. IMO, save money and buy a budget computer that's 4 times faster than that one.

Ryan

Re:

Hello,

I was stuck with a Pentium II 233Mhz about two years ago...till I got my current system and my bro got the Pentium II machine :rolleyes: ...

...but before I gave it away I looked into upgrading the beast, and managed to buy a Slotket converter for the thing. So from Slot 1 to 370, it became a Celeron 466Mhz system.

Bro still uses it now and amazingly, he uses it to surf, work and burn discs. But he's looking into upgrading...

...Anyways my opinion is that it's not worth the bother trying to think of an overclock solution. I would invest in an up to date system...

...or perhaps for fun but for a cause, you could look into buying a Slotket adapter that will take you from slot 1 to 370 so you can fit a Celeron in there, or maybe even a Pentium III if you can find second hand ones. But this is always a tricky task and there's other factors like BIOS to think about also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom