How do I speed up my hard drive in Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

In Runtime
Hi, I'm sure I saw a bar in Windows XP somewhere where you could adjust the speed of a hard drive to control noise. The problem is that I can't find it anymore and I remember that my secondary hard drive is set the to slowest speed (it was default for some reason). I'd greatly appreciate it if any of you could tell me where it is. Thank you!

Never heard of it Ever anywhere, I don't think you can adjust the speed of your harddrive and if you can this is the first time Id ever hear about it. I also don't think you can adjust the speed from the OS if you could anyways.

Are you sure it wasn't for a FAN? There are programs that have that exact description, except for a fan. And I've never heard or seen anything in Windows XP about slowing down a hard drive like that.

You can't adjust the speed of the HD from windows. Hard drive speed is a voltage/amperage specific fixed hardware protocol and defined by the hd's board. If you could mess with it then the out come would be this: smoke......buy a new drive. Hard drives cannot be "oc'd".
Forget about it. There have been over spin viruses in the past. I'm not sure how they worked but they caused HD over spins and instant failure!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom