My gamer specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex81388 said:
Yeah it flies.
Well, sort of. You will get faster boot-ups & file loads, but for day-to-day use, probably not much of an advantage, one over the other. But IMHO, it's kind of like buying a Mustang. You can buy the 4-cylinder model, cuz it will do the job, or go for the GT, it will have the extra HP if you ever need it! :)

Here's some good info on HDD benchmarks, an idea of actual performance you might see... http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4177&highlight=hard+drive

Guys, he's a gamer, not a quality builder.

Dude, thats a freakin crazy awesome PC :).

You could cut down on the price some, though, by getting the Ultra-D instead of the SLI-DR. Or are you planning on going SLI in the future?

Oh, and are you overclocking? If you are, then I suggest going with the RAM that Pzero linked you to. The regular OCZ RAM that you have will barely overclock.

And might I suggest getting a headset? Speakers are nice, but you can't crank em up really high cuz people around you get annoyed and stuff. Headset, you can crank em up all the way and others barely even hear it. Not to mention, with thar X-Fi card, you'll want to hear everything possible :).

Even without that stuff, thats a very nice PC.

Flanker said:
Guys, he's a gamer, not a quality builder.
LOL, what makes you say that? I am a light gamer, jsut kind of getting back into it with this system. What I want is a high-quality system that can be OC'd, and have great frame rates on whatever game I play, or the ability to encode video or have multiple apps running (which I do often).

Dude, thats a freakin crazy awesome PC :).

You could cut down on the price some, though, by getting the Ultra-D instead of the SLI-DR. Or are you planning on going SLI in the future?
Well, I don't have any immediate plans for SLI, but I would rather spend a few extra $$ now rather than have to buy a whole new mobo in a year.

Oh, and are you overclocking? If you are, then I suggest going with the RAM that Pzero linked you to. The regular OCZ RAM that you have will barely overclock.
Yes, I plan on getting into OCing. I have never done it before (ASUS mobo currently), but want to have that ability. I think a water solution will prolly be in my future. ;) But I have already decided to use the recommended RAM, thanks for the second vote!

And might I suggest getting a headset? Speakers are nice, but you can't crank em up really high cuz people around you get annoyed and stuff. Headset, you can crank em up all the way and others barely even hear it. Not to mention, with thar X-Fi card, you'll want to hear everything possible :).
Darn good idea! I have a cheapie set right now, cuz the wife likes to sleep at night (crazy woman!), but can you recommend something of good quality? I also want to have decent speakers, cuz when I get to Korea, this will most likely be my stereo, DVD player, and gaming machine all in one.

Check out this thread for some good headsets. I have a cheap $20 headset, but I swear, I hear everything with it. The speakers are awesome for listening to music and the bass on them is awesome. But you'll probably want to go with something better. Just in case; these are the ones I have right now. Out of stock :eek: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom