Did my homework, LCD monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
What are you talking about? TN panels are a gamers panel which offers faster responce times. MVA panels are for MOVIES & Photoeditting.

Those differences don't make 1 better then the other... He needs to buy his MONITOR based on what he's going to use it for mostly...
Based on his HL2 comment, i'm willing to bet it's more about gaming to him.

The Viewsonic VX-924 is a great LCD for any use... Buy it. NOW!
The Viewsonic VP191B is an MVA panel with 8ms repsonse time. Is that not fast enough for you? It will have better image quality for things like watching movies but will still be responsive enough to produce zero ghosting in games. Considering it costs almost the same amount as the VX-924 I say the VP191B is a better buy.

Joeisalsocool said:
I think im gonna stick with the VX924, but I'm gonna wait till Myoushu Chi-Fu gets his, I want to see what his initial reaction is.

I have the freakin' monitor... It's awesome... I don't recommend things that I know nothing about "OR" haven't owned or used.....

I really don't care what people buy to tell you the truth. But, I do care what I buy and have... And I can say with 110% confidence that the VX-924 was an excellent choice...

Well you should have spoken up Havok, I could have asked you :cool:

One question thou, is the stank "high enough" or too high. That was my only other tiny concern, even though I would like to invest into a destop monitor arm thing down the road.
Thanks
-Joe

HAVOC2k5 said:
What are you talking about? TN panels are a gamers panel which offers faster responce times. MVA panels are for MOVIES & Photoeditting.

Those differences don't make 1 better then the other... He needs to buy his MONITOR based on what he's going to use it for mostly...
Based on his HL2 comment, i'm willing to bet it's more about gaming to him.

The Viewsonic VX-924 is a great LCD for any use... Buy it. NOW!

Shows how behind the times you are. Mva panels are WAY BETTER than crappy tn panels....its a fact. Now MVA panels are fast enough for games and better at everything else. Thats the truth...research it..... I have and Jackal has. I personnaly game alot, but strangely enough, I want my LCD to do other things as well.....that's just me though..

Here's a good read,..... again:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71226

vaderpro said:
Shows how behind the times you are. Mva panels are WAY BETTER than crappy tn panels....its a fact. Now MVA panels are fast enough for games and better at everything else. Thats the truth...research it..... I have and Jackal has. I personnaly game alot, but strangely enough, I want my LCD to do other things as well.....that's just me though..

Here's a good read,..... again:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71226
I read that about MVA panels as well, but where in any listing does it mention MVA? All I see is TFT, SXGA, and similar. No TN, PVA, MVA, etc.

What MVA panel do you use, and do you recommend it? I want one that is good enough to game with, but want to be able to watch movies, as well.

F6Hawk said:
I read that about MVA panels as well, but where in any listing does it mention MVA? All I see is TFT, SXGA, and similar. No TN, PVA, MVA, etc.

What MVA panel do you use, and do you recommend it? I want one that is good enough to game with, but want to be able to watch movies, as well.

Ya, unfortunately MVA, or TN or IPS type panels arent listed in the specs. The only MVA type panels I know of are the Viewsonic VP191b and the Samsung 193P+. The samsung does poorly in gaming. I have the VP191b and its great.

Heres some more info. PM me if you want. Also read through that LCD buyers guide I posted above.

Quote" TN, IPS, VA, who that? ?

Even if you regularly follow the LCD events and our tests, it is always a good idea to remind you of all the uses of some of the LCD bases.

There are hundreds of monitor manufacturers but only a few of them build the essential component: the panel. This element gathers electronic components and liquid crystals. This is the panel that will determine the monitorÂ’s quality. Four manufacturers clearly dominate the market: Samsung, LG-Philips (in this area, these two are united), AU Optronics and CMO. Monitor manufacturers just buy a panel, design and build a bezel and combine the two of them. Now the most important part is the choice of the panel. Hundreds of products are available and are split in three families, three technologies with up and downsides.

TN panels: these are the fastest and cheapest ones. These panels are the most gifted for games but have a twinkling effect in videos and reduced viewing angles. All panel manufacturers have a TN products.

IPS: developed by Hitachi, IPS panels are ardently supported y LG-Philips and Nec. They are half-way between the TN and VA: good color quality, more or less good reaction time, very wide viewing anglesÂ…The only problem is: IPS tends to stagnate when other rival technologies progress quickly.

VA panels: launched by Fujitsu and available under the MVA denomination for AU Optronics, Sharp and CMO, PVA for Samsung, VA monitors have considerably improved LCD color quality. Until last March, however, these monitors were so slow that it was impossible to imagine them in a "gamerÂ’s" home. Then, in April, came the release of AU Optronics the Premium MVA 8 ms in the VP191bÂ…

http://www.behardware.com/articles/572-1/19-lcd-monitor-survey-4-8-ms-tn-ips-va.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom