Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler1989 said:
Well Longhorn (note that is is not called Vista) Server Beta 1 currently out performs Windows Server 2003 on the same hardware.

I'd also like to say Vista does require activation.
Vista from build 5112 until 5231 does require activation. On build 5112 it is done by Start>Run>Licenseui.exe and on 5219 and 5231 it is done by Start>Run>SLUI.exe. That will bring up the activation for Vista.

On 5112, after 3 days or so, activation would come up then when I went to click it, it was gone. It done this every other day and I was never able to activate it.

I edited it so i didnt say you were wonrg. Sorry on that one. I didnt read it right. I just woke up. But for everyone who wants to know thats how you activate Vista.

Thats fine. Though what you said in the other thread has caused a good deal of confusion. Thurrot claims the sidebar is back and you say it isn't. How does one get the sidebar?

Re: Give me list of genuine Windows Download

Warez Monster said:
I know what Mak said, I'm telling you what I saw. What happens if you dont activate?

Vista wont lock down. But alot of the functions of Vista become unuseable. I did have a problem with my Beta 1 (5112) serial and had to get a new one but my time ran out before i got it. I could do only basic functions. Surf web, look thru my computer. But aside from that i couldnt do much more. After i got my good serial i had to format and reinstall.

little_emmynem said:
Can anyone give me list of Downloads that are only available to the customers running Genuine Windows Software?

Like what kind of list. You can search here and see the list of popular downloads from the M$ site. Aside from that i cant help.

Your Free Sony DSC T7 Camera for Tech Forum (No Spams)

This info is posted in another forum but wanted to spam you folks, too!

PS: This is not a scamÂ…and I'm not trying to send you spam. I just thought you might like to know how I got it. If you're not interested, I'm sorry for bothering you.

[If not trying to send spam, then why apologize? Maybe because you are trying to spam, succeeded, bothered people, etc.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom