SMS 2003 Gurus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
remind me to look in a few days. It's taking a lot of work to even look at out SMS server right now. The database is getting hammerd by 2 other programs, and so it's very time consuming. I can't recall off hand the way we did it, so I have to look at it.

just as a thought, do you have an schedule intervel configured for those tasks already?

Inaris with some poking around I was able to get the Advanced Client install to enter the 3-digit site code. This is how I did it. Expand the site hierarchy>site>site settings>highlight client installation methods>right-click and select properties on client push installation>go to advanced client tab>then where it says "smssitecode=auto" enter "smssitecode=yoursitecode" and bam! clients install with the site name :)

Cool. I'm still going to use my method as it works better for us. not sure why, but the SMS install methods although better in this version are still only sub par. I can't find anything on the remote execution of the jobs, aside from time scheduling. Guess I need to crack open the book and see what I can find...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom