The End of P2P is Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
CntdwnToExtn said:
i havn't heard this program mentioned yet

DC++

or could that very well be the unmentioned ones?

one of the better ones, but a pain to configure and find stuff

EricB said:
one of the better ones, but a pain to configure and find stuff

yea, it's the only one i use.

i don't find it hard at all to configure....if your behind a router...tha's the hard part gettin' that thing set up, but it has a very good step by step in the FAQ

as for finding stuff....

i use it for music and found a great room that has a min of 15gig for a user to share in order to connnect...so with 200-400 people in that hub at all times...i rarley don't get what i want when i search.

Whatever happens - we will all be able to get our files if we wish to do so - torrent, p2p, whatever - i agree with whoever said "one goes down, 3 more go up." I just dont see it ever being completely ceased. I miss the days when it wasn't so main-stream, and received very minimal attention compared to what you see today. Anyone remember using Hotline? They still around?

Humans are amazingly enginuitive creatures, if they want free music, they will develop a system to get free music.

However Bittorrent is a wonderfull idea - completely decentralised, and Bram Cohen is working on trackerless torrents and a torrent search thing so the weak link is removed - Torrent Sites. The Sites are easy to take down compared to a decentraliased network. The only way to attack that is look for IP address's on certain torrents and contact ISP's. But that is costly and time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom