to overclock, i was told to get an early 3200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepsiboy700 said:
When did they first come out cause i got alot of friends who game and have some 3200 that they said got like 2 or 3 years ago.
The 3200 has been out for quite a while. They are specifically talking about the 'Venice' core, which is the newer core. There were 3200's prior to this on different cores.

Just don't want you starting a fight with your friends calling them liars :p

What core is the M2 3200+ going to be? San Diego still? I think I read somewhere that it was going to be something different.

EDIT: Nvm, its the New Orleans core. And since its a different core, it should overclock differently that the Venices or San Diegos.

Next generation AMD64s will be a completely revamped architecture as they have to modify the memory controller for DDR2 support...I believe all cores will be based on a 65nm multicore architecture, including a multicore FX-59

But yeah, this actually happened twice...first early Winchesters were hitting like 2.8GHz on <1.5vcore...then results started to decrease...and then the Venices were hitting 3.1Ghz on air with <1.4vcore

None to none. AMD isn't making the Socket 939 their main socket since M2 will be newer and will have the DDR2 support.

Quarter 2, 2006? Or maybe Quarter 1...either way, first half of 2006, which is still like 2 1/2 months away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom