quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
No..

Video card is after POST..this is tough one but requires that you understand what really happens before the POST begin.

Remember his situation there is no POST or any beep. So what happens before POST.

Why wouldn't his computer go through POST if the powersupply is working.

OK here is one
Timmy got a new a 80g hard drive. He runs a windows 98 OS. He connected the hard drive in as the master. (He didnt want his old HD) So he put the boot disk in and got into fdisk. He chose for "larger disk space" & "maximum allocation of disk space" and created a primary partition. It only opened up 31.1g of HD space? What did timmy do wrong?

Clutchxiii said:
OK here is one
Timmy got a new a 80g hard drive. He runs a windows 98 OS. He connected the hard drive in as the master. (He didnt want his old HD) So he put the boot disk in and got into fdisk. He chose for "larger disk space" & "maximum allocation of disk space" and created a primary partition. It only opened up 31.1g of HD space? What did timmy do wrong?

Not sure if I understand you, can you rephrase it.

I guess no one will answer it, the problem was with the CPU. When the power is first turned on, the system clock begins to generate clock pulses. The CPU begins working and initializes itself, it then turns to memory address FFFF0h, which is the memory address always assigned to the first instruction in the ROM BIOS startup program. The instruction directs the CPU to run the POST tests.

Timmy didn't realize he had a new mother board using his old parts (the CPU) which is uncompatible, even if it fits, the power voltage level did not match so the CPU can not start. Thats why when you get power to the fan and there is no POST, beeps or visual it's usually the CPU. In Timmy case since he has a new working MB than it's the CPU.

hmmm... didn't know how old the mobo was..:confused:
thats some really usefull info, thanx

I got another...

Problem:
Timmy's friend Maria came over , they got overly excited and knocked over a glass of water onto a brand new motherboard that Timmy had just recieved from newegg, the motherboard had not been used yet...

Question:
What all can he do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom