Have lost Admin privlages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway other than guessing how far back to go. I am not sure when all of this started.

I am working on some web sites and don't want to loose my FTP logons or the site files. The site files are kept in their own folders outside of program files.

John

It should not affect any of your personal data, you can back them up if you are still concern. Undo a change to a specific date, I can't help you with that because I don't know when it happen. You just have to take a guess, if it happen a month ago then go back a month.

Would loading something like Microsoft Office Pro or Adobe Printshop Pro cause this?

Or Doing something to make MS mail program behave and stop wanting to be my default.

I am and have been a Netscape/Mozilla fan and I recall when I loaded the office it prioritized (sp) a lot of my settings. hmmmm

John

No..I don't think any of those program would change your administrator privilege. But some virus have been known to.

I have a feeling, it is time to bust it down and reload everything.

Oh BTW, Can another hdd be installed, XP loaded on it and then reinstall my current one as a slave and be able to ge to the admin that way?

John

If you have another OS you won't be able to do much but only share files. The C$ is share among administrative account in xp pro. So if you're asking if you could modify it then the answer is probably no unless you know the account password.

I always consider reformating to be a last resort, but whatever..it seems like there isn't any other possible thing we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom