DirectX of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
So folks, I was browsing my Dxdiag earliers and noticed this under the Directx tab:

dxdiagerror7vu.jpg

Thing is, I can't actually reinstall Dx9c as it starts to install and then tells me the 'Components are ready for use'. I'm just wondering whether this message is anything to worry about?

Any help you could give would be great, cheers.

Have you tried to extract the DX Setup and then copy the system.dll to your windows/system32 folder? That might work. It is the only option i can think of besides updateing your video drivers and seeing if that will help fix the problem.

I'd try to reinstall. But even if you didn't I don't think its a problem because of the other system.dll.

I tried a reinstall as stated earliers Void, however, I just noticed that you are correct in saying their is a 'duplicate' .dll

So, reckon I should ignore it or try that manual implementation?

Well as the saying goes. Never hurts to try. I would try it out and see if it does anything for you. If not then no lose. But if it does then you got it back. I have heard there is a way to uninstall DX. You could try that and then a reinstall. That might work.

I'd just create a system restore point and try doing it manually. If your comp messes up then just restore it. If it works, then hooray for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom