Video CArd Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
This may seem noobish, but I want to get up and running ASAP with my new card....

I am getting a 6600GT in the mail today and i have a couple of questions that i was not to sure about.

1. I currently have an ATI card with ATI drivers, I know I have to uninstall them, do I need to do anything else?

2. Would it be best to have the AUX power on its own line of molexs not being shared with anything else?

SHAWN said:
Your best bet would be to reinstall your o/s though, but the driver cleaner will do it. [/B]

I was thinking about doing that, but I have alot of data to back up, and also I want to install everygame i own and every demo, and see how good this card works on it... :p

I know a 6600GT isnt too much of a performance card, but when you have been using a 9600 for the last year.. BIG Difference.... lol

Yea, id say use the driver cleaner, if you have too much stuff on ur HD, itll be too much work to reinstall ur OS.

Use the driver cleaner, then search the registry for everything with the entry 'ATI', and delete it.

Ok i got it. Now when i first tried to play some Americas army, the thing rebooted. So I figured it was my Cold cathode that was doing it. I removed the cathode, so now the molex connector is just being shared with a fan.

But now I am noticed that I get some serious ingame lag whenever i walk up to doors or run fast in any game while i am getting a constant 60FPS at least....., this never happened before with my old card. Whats going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom