Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take you wasn't around when the xp pro corp version with the serial
H2HYJ-28PQM-6HGFG-CWMMD-V2C62 ended up on 6 million peoples computers and this was way before bittorrent.

you can't go to windows update with this copy of xp either, anymore. they will lock your computer (strip it most of it's useful functions)

bradybnmci said:
Tyler :

This could possibly be a stupid question. Do they give out just personal copies of the OS ? Are the all OEM's ? Can you get a Corp version ?

As of right now there are no personal copies of Vista out there they are all basically Corp versions (Sorry Eric but it true). When Vista is released there will be OEM and the 7 other version available i can almost guarentee it. The reason being is that you will get an OEM with a bought computer from Dell, HP, Compaq and such. It will Basically be like a XP Home. If you want a different version you can buy them. I dont think Computer Manufacturers want to have their customers decide what version they want. With 7 different versions being released that is just too much choice for people. Plus not everyone will know what version they need or want. Also the reason i say that all version of Vista are basically Corp editions right now is because you use the same serial for all version right now. Since more than the slated 500,000 people have Vista you might as well say it is a Corp version.

Makaveli213 said:
As of right now there are no personal copies of Vista out there they are all basically Corp versions (Sorry Eric but it true). When Vista is released there will be OEM and the 7 other version available i can almost guarentee it. The reason being is that you will get an OEM with a bought computer from Dell, HP, Compaq and such. It will Basically be like a XP Home. If you want a different version you can buy them. I dont think Computer Manufacturers want to have their customers decide what version they want. With 7 different versions being released that is just too much choice for people. Plus not everyone will know what version they need or want. Also the reason i say that all version of Vista are basically Corp editions right now is because you use the same serial for all version right now. Since more than the slated 500,000 people have Vista you might as well say it is a Corp version.

yes but you have to activate them. that old copy of xp didn't require any activation. the wrong guy go his hands on that copy and it spreaded like wildfire

True. But since M$ released the serial to news sites sucj as Neowin and others, it can be activated no matter what. The same serial has been used for 5112, 5219 and 5231. I have used the same serial on all 3 and had no problems with activation. The funny thing is its the same serial that they released to thsoe news sites. So it might as well have been handed out to the wrong guy. Since it has spread like wild fire. I dont know of anyone who has Vista that doesnt have it legit now, even if they got it thru illlegal means.

Makaveli213 said:
True. But since M$ released the serial to news sites sucj as Neowin and others, it can be activated no matter what. The same serial has been used for 5112, 5219 and 5231. I have used the same serial on all 3 and had no problems with activation. The funny thing is its the same serial that they released to thsoe news sites. So it might as well have been handed out to the wrong guy. Since it has spread like wild fire. I dont know of anyone who has Vista that doesnt have it legit now, even if they got it thru illlegal means.

true. they are using cracks to get around activation

No. If you use the serial that M$ gave you dont have to. they are all Genuine. I know a few people that have said this to me on other forums. I know it sounds odd but its true.

lol some people at my school are sayin that the final vista should run on a 500mhz computer!!!

Well Longhorn (note that is is not called Vista) Server Beta 1 currently out performs Windows Server 2003 on the same hardware.

I'd also like to say Vista does require activation.

I think it's common knowladge that all versions of anything require activation besides corp which is not used in any home/very very few.

Though I could be wrong am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom