AMD advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryodoan

Solid State Member
AMD Advice needed

I have always wanted to build a computer from scratch, and have pretty much done it a couple of times now by moving parts between cases and computers, just never with new hardware. I wanted to get a new Mobo and processor (currently have Celeron D 330 :mad: and a crappy mobo) I know AMD is better than Intel for gaming, but I do not have any experience with AMD and which chip is good for what. I want to keep the price for the processor below $300. Is it possible to get a decent AMD processor for that price? or am I just hopeing for to much?

ok, I really dont know much about AMD chips, what would be some examples of AMD chips for that price area?

I am new to the forums but in my overview of the Hardware posting rules and the general forum rules I did not see anything against asking for advice on what processor to buy.

I am sorry if I broke the rules and if this thread must be locked then I suppose I can go somewhere else for advice.

Look at my sig for a link for AMD vs Intel. That topic has been killed here. Search. There is a ton of information here.

I suppose I should change the title name, it is not really AMD vs. Intel, but more of a request for advice in choosing an AMD processor

Yes indeed, do change the name as Shawn was most likely miss informed and was quick to post before the lock happened. But I thought dual-core was a Intel thing and not only that he would have to get a new mobo unless he has a dual-core mobo just sitting around the house.

I have to get a new mobo anyhow, so I figured I should find out what processor I want first, and then pick a mobo that fits the processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom