USB Ports Don't Work!!! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsoxfan

Solid State Member
I just reformatted my pc and my usb ports were working, but now they aren't. So I can't use my mouse and keyboard because both are usb and i don't have any ps/2 slots anyways on my pc. I can't reformat because my pc doesn't find a keyboard..........Is there anything I can do to fix this??

Can you verify that your mouse and keyboard don't have problems on other pc's? What about using other usb ports, like on your case, if they have any?

I have used the keyboard and the mouse on another pc and they both work.. I switched usb ports and didn't get any connection....

You switched usb ports meaning you tried case usb ports as well?

What about when you first go the computer, did keyboard and mouse work when you plugged them in?

On the other pc, did it require any drivers and such to be installed (stupid question but what the heck)?

It may be your motherboard that's not working. I can't really think of anything else. Post your system specs just in case.

when i first used it, yes the mouse and keyboard worked but it would turn off and i woudl have to retsart it and or chage usb slots.......so idk what it could be. I was thinking i coudl take the harddrive and format it in my other pc. The pc is new, so i don't think its the motherboard i hope haha

so, you were able to reinstall the o/s then??? if so, then the keyboard at least worked during that phase. Also, important to know is what o/s. New computer, so it's probably XP or did you put an older o/s on like 95? If so, there is the problem there. You need to install the USB drivers. Give a little more info on the system, pls (also check the bios and disable and then reenable it there if avail).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom