Acer Laptop LCD Gone Dim

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanparkes

Beta member
The LCD on my Acer Aspire 1714 SMi has suddenly gone dim and can't be adjusted.It is 14 months old. I have read that there is a hotfix for this but can't find it. If it is not a software problem and the backlight has gone has anyone got any info on how to disassemble.
Help would be greatly appreciated
Alan

I would call the vendor you got it from to setup an RMA. Sounds like the backlight took a shit and will most likely need to be replaced.

I have updated the Bios, graphics driver, re-installed XP. I have been told that I need a new screen but I thought the tubes could be replaced and available as a part? I would be grateful for any suggestions.
Alan

Here something that has worked for me on a acer before,
Tak out the battery, and plug directly into wall. go into the bios, change nothing, and then reboot. (leave battery out). if light is still out i think you could replace if it not under warranty. just be patient!

Re:

Hello,

Might be a stupid question, but...have you tried altering the contrast / brightness (just veryifying)...?

Thanks for your suggestions but I have already tried the above. Does anyone know if it is possible to just change the bulbs rather than replacing the whole screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom