Trying to install x64!!! HELP PLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
I downloaded the trial and everything, I unzipped the .iso and put everything onto a normal data disc and a bootable data disc. When I put eathier disc into my computer and boot it. The autoboot does not work, even with my BIOS on CDROM in Priority of first with everything else disabled. If I try to run setup in Explorer it will say that "The version of windows must be installed by booting off the CD. Please reboot your computer with the CD in the drive " Thats all I get. Then when I do it just goes past the CD and goes back into loading the original XP like it would without a CD in the drive. What can I do. Any ideas. Yes I have a 64-bit processor to. Current system specs are in my sig. Any help would be superiorly appreciated. Thank you

You can't just burn the .ISO file like a regular data file, you need to use .ISO burning feature that comes with most burning software. If you don't have it, I use the free version of deepburner (www.deepburner.com).

It has ISO burning capability, easy and free :)

make sure your bios is set to boot from cd and then press a key to boot from cd.

You have to mount the ISO onto the disc you cannot use the conventional burning methods. Try alcohol 120%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom