Blue screen of death frequent occurence

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott100

Beta member
Hello

Can anyone help me recognise the error message I'm receiving. A get the typical blue screen of death but I'm not sure if it's a driver related problem or not.

Here is some of the description. I hope it helps you explain my problem?

"PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER.

IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME..... etc, etc

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
STOP: 0X0000008E,0XBFD28AE6
activvaxx.dll - address

BFD28AE6 BASE AT BTC9D000

BEGINNING DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY
DUMPING PHYSICAL MEMORY TO DISK:32

The above information may not be completely correct.

Get MemTest from here, burn it to a CD and reboot. Let the test run overnight (or for a decent pperiod of time). It will tell you where your errors are.

ram issue. hopefully it's software related. try setting your bios to the default too

Many thanks for your help. I will try what you suggest. However, my computer is very eratic at the moment and have been getting blue death screens regularly. One even stated I had somew problem with Systemroot\system32\config\software.

I've now cleaned my registry and so far no more blue death screens, although I keep getting a blue 'checking file system on C:, you are using NTFS, etc. Then it says 'one of your disks need to be checked for consistency'. This happens every time I boot up. Can any one explain how to stop this?

I've tried letting it run the checkdisk through but this seems to make matters worse, so now I just skip it.

I'll definitely get memcheck anyway.

if you happen to have 2 stick of ran, take one out and see if it happens again. If it dont, then switch it and if it does, than there is the culprit.

scott100 said:
I've now cleaned my registry and so far no more blue death screens, although I keep getting a blue 'checking file system on C:, you are using NTFS, etc. Then it says 'one of your disks need to be checked for consistency'. This happens every time I boot up. Can any one explain how to stop this?

run a checkdisk on the C drive. this is something you will want to run over night as well unless you like to watch the machine run for several hours without being able to do anything...

open My Computer, right click C:, click properties, then under Tools, select the Check Now button. Then check both check boxes at the prompt and click start. Then click OK at the message. Then reboot and walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom