Computer Configuration - $2000 Dollar Budget - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

javascriptman

Solid State Member
Computer Configuration - $2000 Dollar Budget - Please Help

Here's the link to my current want to have computer configuration:

Click here to view the configuration << Contains the links to the items listed below.

Case
LOGISYS Computer DRACULA CS602BK Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window

Case 120mm Fan
Thermaltake A2018 120mm 1 Ball 1 Sleeve Blue LED Light Case Cooling Fan

Cooling System - Heatsink
THERMALRIGHT XP-90C Heatsink

Heatsink 90mm Fan
Thermaltake A2017 90mm 1 Ball 1 Sleeve Blue LED Light Case Cooling Fan

Heatsink Adapter for LGA 775 Motherboards
THERMALRIGHT LGA775 RM Retention Bracket for Socket 478 Coolers

Memory
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory

Motherboard
ASUS P5WD2 Premium ATX Intel Motherboard

Power Supply
ASPIRE ATX-AS520W BLACK 520W Power Supply

Processor
Intel Pentium D 830 800MHz FSB LGA 775 Dual Core, EM64T Processor

Sound Card
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition 70SB035000013 Sound Card

Speakers
YOMMO SP-DHT918C 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

Video Card
XFX Geforce 7800GTX PVT70FUND7 Video Card

Thermal Compound
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

First off, I'd like to make sure that EVERYTHING will fit into the case. I need to make sure the motherboard and the fans and the heatsink and processor and everything else fit in the case. I'm getting an extra fan and I'm pretty sure that extra fan can go in the case because the manufacture's site said it has an extra fan spot.

I am also purchasing a different power supply because the reviews and comments about the one that came with the case are horrible, plus I want a larger PSU. ;)

Secondly, if there is any other thing I could change/add that would make my Computer Colder, or better, (staying with Intel), please do tell me what I should remove and replace. It would be best to have the best cooling possible.

Please don't start an Intel and AMD debate. I chose that I want Intel products. That's my choice. So please, I'm just asking for some help, not telling me that AMD or Intel is better.

If something does change or you find something better I should replace something with or add, etc., please only use NewEgg to find the parts. [ http://www.newegg.com ]

I also want to make sure that all the fans will connect to the Motherboard properly without any problem, and the heatsink, etc. I know there are a specific numbers of pins that the motherboard can use for fans, and I am unsure if these fans will work with it.

One last main concern. I've been hearing that since my motherboard already has an integrated 7.1 audio chip, I do not need to buy a sound card. What are the plus and minuses of this. If it comes to a point that I do not need a sound card, that's an extra 120 dollars for me to spend on the computer. :)

I only have a $2000 budget.

Thanks for you help,
Craig

1 most ppl wil think that psu is cheapy, and you need a quality oen from antec, thermaltake, OCZ, forton, etc.

2 do not get an XFX card, do a search on TF yuo will find a millions threasd about XFX being bad

3 do not get corsair XMS ram, get some nice OCZ ram.

4 you might want to look into getting a sound card, just so you take the load off the cpu. and it really doesnt help but it iwll give you better sound quality
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829118106

I have heard many good things about XFX. Anyways, the PSU looks OK, got good reviews. I want the Corsair RAM because the OCZ does not work properly with the motherboard (that's what I've heard on NewEgg) If you can show me otherwise, I'll get the OCZ :) (If OCZ works on that motherboard.) And if OCZ does, I want a double package of 1 GB RAM. Meaning two 1 GB RAM things. (Because it's cheaper than buying two of the same 1 GB.) Also, can my motherboard support other memory besides DDR2 800? Can it support other DDR2 things like 667 or whatever numbers they are?

Uhh....is there anything I should add or replace?

Oh, and one more IMPORTANT thing. Will EVERYTHING, including the motherboard, power supply, fans, and everything else, FIT into the case? That is my main concern.

Oh, and finally, one last thing. Is there a cheap fan controller I could add to this computer, which could control all of the fans? I believe there are 4? (NewEgg Only)
- I was thinking about this fan controller: [ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813999504 ] - Just will it interfere with the case door? :( (because of the knobs)

Thanks,
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom