Comp takes forever to turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutchxiii

Baseband Member
Computer takes forever to turn on, we assumed it was the power supply because it was only 200w which probably was one of the problems but it still takes about 4 minutes to run. Its a 350w psu dual fans, the rear fan does not spin. Dont tell me its the psu cause this computer has given me soo much trouble i wont even believe that. Any suggestions?
btw: the computer listed below is not the computer im working on it is a

P4 1.6 ghz
Asus P4S333 mother board
512 ram
80 gig hard drive (that registers at 31.1)
geforce 2 64 mb
now* 350w psu

ammm.......u could try to reformat the drive. wenever the drive gets abit clustered it would tend to do that, it happened to my friend laptop and after a reformat, it ran perfectly and started with 30secs.

tariqadkhan said:
ammm.......u could try to reformat the drive. wenever the drive gets abit clustered it would tend to do that, it happened to my friend laptop and after a reformat, it ran perfectly and started with 30secs.

ok ill give that a try im gonna plug my old 10.2 g hard drive and see what happens.

oh nvm u were reffering to the hard drive size compared to the avaiable space yah 80 gig listing 31.1. I reformatted and recreated the particians 3 times. the magic number is 31.1 primary partion and larger disk enabled......and maximum allocation to hard drive yet still 31.1. It is windows 98, and i have partioned 80g and 60g hard drives on 98 before and acheived maximum disk space, but microsoft claims that windows 98 cannot partition more than 64g which is a lie because i have done more, but they claim to have an update for partioning which i will i will download once i get the computer to even turn on properly. thx for ur input :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom