Need a Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I am looking for a mid-tower atx case. I am not happy at all with my Raidmax Scorpio case. It was great when I first installed my system, but its only gotten worse since then. Everytime I make a change to the system it seems like something else either breaks off, or strips or doesnt fit anymore or whatever. Today I just got a new motherboard, and heatsink, which I tried to install. But of course now 3 of the board standoffs are stipped now and wont hold the screw. Also the 4-Pin Molex connector attached to the power switch broke off.

So basically I am looking for something ROCK solid. Perferably something with a side window, but if possible I dont want it to have a front door, thats just another thing you have to deal with, and something that can easily break if you accidentally lean on it, or set the case down wrong. Also a fancy, stylish case doesn't really matter to me anymore at this point, it would be nice, but not necessary. I just want my system up and running again.

Any recommendations are appriciated. Thanks

Lian Li cases are awesome.

click here for a black case with a window.

140.99...... Kinda pricey, but when you get it you'll understand that it's money well spent.

I have a silver-colored case. (all aluminum) and i couldn't be happier. great design, thumbscrews on every thing, removable mobo tray, removable hard drive tray...... Just excellent in every way!

Well I went shopping around town for cases this morning, and this is what I ended up with.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129164

It was on sale at compusa for $70, plus its huge. Not exactly the color I wanted , grey, but hey as long as it works who cares. I seriously concidered both the Thermaltake Soprano, and the Antec P-160. But I didn't want to order and wait for a case, and here at the local shops, they are way over priced.

BTW let me just say that this case is awesome. Its twice as strong as any other case I have used. The steel is thick and doesn't wabble, its clean an easy to use. With tons of extra space. Also most everything on it is toolless. From taking off the side panel to snapping in 80mm fans, to installing a drive. I love this case, and Antec may have to now be the only way I go when I buy a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom