Toshiba BIOS password HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cableface

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I've got a Toshiba M200 tablet laptop that's on its way to me. It has a BIOS password on it that I need to get past. Problem is that I cant figure out how. All the USB crackers that I have come across do not provide a solution for the M200. Does anyone hae any ideas? Thanks, Cableface

I know your on a laptop so this might be hard :

Can you get to your CMOS battery ?
If you can take it out for like 3 minutes or so.

i think that taking out hte battery will remove the password, if htat doesn't work get a boot disk with password resetor or linux boot disk will easily reset password for you.

there are lot's of ways to do this

I appreciate the help guys, but from what I understand, these methods dont work for the newer model Toshibas. This is basically a brand new model. I was hoping that some out there would have direct experience with some of the newer models...

Yeah, I came across that on the net. The guy that Im getting it from says that he has already tried it and failed. He may not have done it correctly. Guess I'll give it another go and let you know how it turns out.

sometimes you have to switch a jumper in there next to the batery, and then also take the batery out for about 20 seconds.

oh, by the way the battery running down will NOT reset them as they are contained in the EEPROM.

Thanks for the link. I'll make sure and try it out. The guy just gave me a little more detail on what he did. He's tried the CMOS battery and it didnt work. He said that he tried the generic codes as well which didnt do it either. He also took it to two computer shops and they couldnt crack it either. Maybe they just didnt know what the hell they were doing. Or maybe I've got my hands full....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom