System Wont Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
Today I just installed a new mobo and a Thermaltake Venus 12 Heatsink. I put the whole system back together, hit the power switch and nothing happened..... So I opened up the case, and made sure everything was plugged in and connected to motherboard, and tried again, and nothing. With this Raidmax Scorpio Case there isnt a plug that connects the power switch to the Mobo, all you get is a 4-Pin Molex connector (which is flimsy as heck, I have to keep pushing the 2 pins back in) Then there is the HD LED, the Reset, and the Power LED.

So now I have no idea what to do. Either the power supply is garbage.... or there is a bad connection between the switch and the power supply, or maybe it could be something else. I dont know.

Anyway, anyone have any suggestions?

Ok try this:

Make sure your front panel connectors are hooked up correctly.

Take the PSU out, connect any green wire rail to any black wire rail with a paperclip on the motherboard 20pin connector. And hook some periphials up, turn it on and see if it even works.

Also, the worst case scneario is that you ESD'd on one of the components.

try that for a start.

you could try to boot it with just the essentials........ But i doubt thats the problem, but its worth a try.

It sounds to me like it has something to do with either your mobo or your panel switches.

Did you ground yourself before installing anything?

HIs mobo can be grounding out, however This is simple, for the F Panel Switch the connecters just in case you reversed the On button positive and Negative. Ive done that couple times.

well take the motherboard out again, dont worry, leave the CPU/HSF and ram on it..... Take it out and check to see if you left any unneeded standoffs, and or any extrusions to the case that would touch the motherboard when seated.

Alright I again pulled the whole mobo out. The only thing I found on the back of the board was a few small tiny bits of pink plastic. No idea where that came from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom