Boot by USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinx083464

Solid State Member
If I turn on my computer while any device is plugged into a usb port (joystick, headset, camera, or mp3 player for example) the computer wont load up windows. I am pretty sure that its my BIOS, and its trying to boot from USB before my hard drive. I'm using a MSI K8t Neo2. I have looked through the bios a few times and I'm not seeing an option to change this, the boot priority can have me set 3 things in the order of my choice, as well as a checkbox below that thay says 'boot from other', wich i have unchecked right now.

Huh, usually you have to really tweak your system to get it to boot from a USB device. What three things are in the boot priority list?

my current boot priority is first is one of my hard drives, second is my second hard drive, and third is my floppy. When I have something plugged into via USB when I power on, or restart, the computer will just sit at a black screen after bios does all its stuff. If i remove the device it will stay at the black screen until I reset the computer.

weird

try this: if your device has a boot property or windows is trying to search for boot files (when it shouldn't), that can cause this computer to slow down. try to boot in safe mode, and see if that works, if the computer starts up fine, then i think it's the driver installation problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom