< $100 PSU suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X1800XT with a 400W forton, not making fun of forton but making fun of kind of the low wattage...

Oh crap, I thought he said X850XT, lol. Crap, yea, then go with another one, but you don't need to buy like $100 PSUs, there are some freakin good 500W PSUs for like $50.

ThermalTake is a perfectly fine PSU brand.

Yea, those X1800XTs are some thirsty motherf*ckers.

Silence i don't care about. my case is loud, very loud. matt2m what difference does this risistance of 2 feet make ?

Mine is the best it is a Thermaltake Xaser III Silent Purepower 560 W and it runs like a champ! arounf the price range but TT Antec and OCZ are solid PSU, Don't go chepa on these worth to take the safe route and get one of these.

GrimReaper23 said:
Mine is the best it is a Thermaltake Xaser III Silent Purepower 560 W and it runs like a champ! arounf the price range but TT Antec and OCZ are solid PSU, Don't go chepa on these worth to take the safe route and get one of these.

But Ste doesnt like TT PSU's.......wahahwhah

BColes said:
Silence i don't care about. my case is loud, very loud. matt2m what difference does this risistance of 2 feet make ?
well google is my friend this is why

Due to their look, convenience, and cost savings for manufacturers, modular plugs have become a popular power supply feature. Unfortunately, there has been little or no discussion of the impact of this feature on overall performance and reliability. The fact is, modular plugs limit power by adding to electrical resistance. The voltage drop can be as much as would occur in 2 feet of standard wire. Worse yet, modular plugs utilize delicate pins that can easily loosen, corrode, and burn, creating the potential for a major system failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom