quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously everyone knows a thermal paste pzerf. its not something that is really hard to know about.

Its just a heatsink it sounds like, so there would be nothing to plug in. Guess it would of been better to know if it was a passive heat sink or not.

thats the power for the fan,
and no it is not passive killians45 as that would explain the above average temps.
ok someone needs to post another problem for us to solve.

i'll do it, it's my thread :p. i would have been back yesterday afternoon but my dog f*****g hit the space bar which cancelled a partition reallignment i was doing and set my computer restoring it to the way it was. its taken like 12 hours so far and it was 5 minutes from finishing :(

problem: timmy is often receiving errors about CMOS during his computers POST.

question: what should he replace first in his attempts to fix it?

HEY i got one :) timmy took his old computer parts and decided to build a computer. He put it all together and it ran fine. He downloaded windows 98 onto it and got everything he needed. He then closed the tower up and put it into a comfortable spot. He turned it on and a voice came from the speakers "NO CPU INSTALLED" He let it sit and realized that the computer would boot up after 7-9 minutes. Timmy checked and resat the cpu and made sure it was there. Still his computer did not run right. He then was told that his psu wattage was not suffiecient. So he went and bought one that was double the wattage as before. He turned the computer on, but it took forever for it to run and the rear fan doesnt spin on the psu. Timmy then decided to put this quiz onto this forum. What did timmy do wrong?
btw: my name is not timmy ;)

Clutchxiii said:
HEY i got one :) timmy took his old computer parts and decided to build a computer. He put it all together and it ran fine. He downloaded windows 98 onto it and got everything he needed. He then closed the tower up and put it into a comfortable spot. He turned it on and a voice came from the speakers "NO CPU INSTALLED" He let it sit and realized that the computer would boot up after 7-9 minutes. Timmy checked and resat the cpu and made sure it was there. Still his computer did not run right. He then was told that his psu wattage was not suffiecient. So he went and bought one that was double the wattage as before. He turned the computer on, but it took forever for it to run and the rear fan doesnt spin on the psu. Timmy then decided to put this quiz onto this forum. What did timmy do wrong?
btw: my name is not timmy ;)

From reading your post, I just stared like an idiot and said WTF....I'm gonna guess he's having overheating issues, if it work fine before his old computer part must have crapped on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom