Microsofts sick joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are so open about cracking now a days.

Anyways What versions are affected by this.

OEM and what else? I can't say I've noticed it on Corporate Licences (school). They always use their same key when restoring backups. And my MSDN and my old MSDN-AA keys never had this problem. Seems all MSDN varients are safe but I've never tested it on my old OEM CD key.

Corp (Volume License) does not require an activation which is why it fails the Genuine Advantage Program when performing updates. (Like there is no EASY way around that, but thats not the point.)

Corp (Volume License) does not require an activation which is why it fails the Genuine Advantage Program when performing updates.

I have had my corp. OS since xp came out and have never had any problems with it. All updated all working fine.

well that happened to me too but also if you do call them and say that you haven't installed it on another computer but you have will it still work on the other computer?

No...... Or at least it isn't supposed to

You send used your key on two different Hardware profiles and that makes MS think it's bootlegged.

SHAWN said:
Corp (Volume License) does not require an activation which is why it fails the Genuine Advantage Program when performing updates. (Like there is no EASY way around that, but thats not the point.)

:) :)

SHAWN said:

Does it actually fail it or does it see that its a legit key but a volume license which is required to be installed on many systems within a company? I dont beleive it fails...

Same here thats why I dont beleive it.

After you have installed the new Windows Genuine Advantage ActiveX control in Internet Explorer select "Tools", "Manage Add-ons".

This will bring up the Manage Add-Ons window to allow you to enable or disable any installed module. You have two options to view the modules: Add-ons that currently loaded by Internet Explorer and Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer. Select which ever one lists "Windows Genuine Advantage".

Click on "Windows Genuine Advantage" to select it and then click Disable. This will allow you to fully access Windows Update without Microsoft invading your privacy.

Also, the whole deal boils down to one dll file in windows/system32: LegitCheckControl.dll.

Before pressing 'Custom' or 'Express' buttons paste this text to the address bar and press enter:
javascript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all')

It turns off the trigger for the key check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom