BestBuy lied to me when they sold me my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another weird thing that I just noticed about my computer is that the processor is running at 2.93 GHZ, and they said it was only Intel Celeron® D 335 2.8GHz. I'm not overclocking.

those places like that round up and down as far as the ghz goes. mine said it's 2.2 ghz when it's really 2.19

thats normal.... My 2.8ghz is not OC'd but it comes up as 2,850mhz

A vibrating crystal controls the clock speed, and that crystal is not always 100% accurate.

uzi9mm said:
SLI technology is old....... It has been out for a while, like 6-8 years something like that. You were able to team up 2 PCI Voodoo Cards.

commercially I've only started hearing SLI like this past summer.

Sinse gateway bought e-machine they havent been bad computers at all. (I would never buy a retail computer, i only make my own, but if it had to buy oneone it'd definitely be emachine). E-Machine has the least amount of crap loaded on the machine right off the bat (compared to Hp/Compaq, etc.), I work for a techshop at CompUSA and emachine is the least seen computer there, they RARELY have hardware issues, and software issues are generally caused by the consumers. If BestBuy is anything like CompUSA they won't care about you *****ing saying that they lost YOUR service, you are a spec in the billion dollar company, you won't hurt it. So please dont go off saying that, it's annoying when people do it. We don't care if you ***** to corporate, because corporate won't care. It is not best buys fault that someone in an e-machine factory forgot to pop a stick of extra 256MB of ram in. E-Machine will not help you because you opened your machine (and i'm guessing they know this) so nothing has stopped you from simply taking the stick of ram out. You can get a 256MB of DDR for about $20-30, if all of this trouble and aggrivation is worth less than that to you, I am sorry for you.

trigger_sad said:
Sinse gateway bought e-machine they havent been bad computers at all. (I would never buy a retail computer, i only make my own, but if it had to buy oneone it'd definitely be emachine). E-Machine has the least amount of crap loaded on the machine right off the bat (compared to Hp/Compaq, etc.), I work for a techshop at CompUSA and emachine is the least seen computer there, they RARELY have hardware issues, and software issues are generally caused by the consumers. If BestBuy is anything like CompUSA they won't care about you *****ing saying that they lost YOUR service, you are a spec in the billion dollar company, you won't hurt it. So please dont go off saying that, it's annoying when people do it. We don't care if you ***** to corporate, because corporate won't care. It is not best buys fault that someone in an e-machine factory forgot to pop a stick of extra 256MB of ram in. E-Machine will not help you because you opened your machine (and i'm guessing they know this) so nothing has stopped you from simply taking the stick of ram out. You can get a 256MB of DDR for about $20-30, if all of this trouble and aggrivation is worth less than that to you, I am sorry for you.

From what I know about the law, the store is also guilty of false advertising now even though e-machinnes forgot to pop in some ram. However you have no evidence as this is word vs word, so dont expect to get more ram.

I bought my Gateway from Best Buy. The ad said the CPU was a P4 540 3.2 when it's actually a P4 550 3.4Ghz. However, the 1Gb RAM is only showing 998Mb, and I'm using a 9200SE, so the lost memory isn't due to the integrated graphics. However, CPU-Z shows 1024. Anybody know wtf????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom