nice joystick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats right. You might be able to use it for third-person shooters, but NO ONE buys a joystick if they're not going to be flying planes in a game, its just stupid otherwise, no matter how good you are. A good mouse is always best.

is it better to use a 2 button or a 3 button mouse when player FPS

the functionality to make your person go back and forth are in the keyboard keys, correct, if i were to some how get that functionality into one device(mouse like) then i would not need to have the keyboard in my lap being controlled by my left hand and the right hand using the mouse

You MIGHT be able to use a joystick for the movement, depending on the game, however the accuracy would SUCK. A mouse will never be able to be used for movement in a game :confused:.

Keyboard + Mouse Combo > All.

Joystick > All; only when flying planes.

I have seen quite a few people use joysticks for FPS. CS was a big one.. however I don't think they used the Joy for movement, just the aiming. They were really really good at it too... so im sure all you have to do is practice.

thanks for the replies guys

so for a flight simulator i should look for one of these
Logitech WingMan Force 3D Joystick
X52
Logitech Attack 3
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
Saitek PS30

the x52 looks real hot, but it is over 1 hundred dollars, anything in the 40-50 dollar range?

http://gear.ign.com/articles/551/551699p1.html
pistolmouse-fps-20040927015339787.jpg

the best FPS joystick ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom