blue death screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainstushar

Baseband Member
when i try to shut down or go to hibernate, i get blue death scree, with this on it:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

then it say something like 0x9F, i searched on internet, i found that it may be hardware problem, but my computer worked fine all along. can you guys please help me?

THX

it means that the driver of your car hit a power line pole, but it wasn't in his own state (probably the grand state of denver), this caused a failure to comunicate, which is the whole point the computer is trying to make.

what ind of help you gave me?

what kind of help is that? i need some real tech help. i have to solve this problem or i am done. please write a REAL solution.

again THX

When did this start ?
What was the last thing you installed prior to recieving these BSOD's ?
Any new Hardware installed ?
Have you scanned for spyware ?

first what's your spec in your computer?

what were you doing when this happened?

I think its probably its the driver problem.

i don't think its a driver problem. the newest thing that i have installed is microsoft visual studio 2005 visual basic. i don't think that this program should cause anything. i have checked for spyware, adaware, malware, viruses, trojans just about everything. although i have read that if i try to change date and time this program will not work, since i am in a school, whenever i log in, the time is changed. do you think that may have caused the problem?

no new hardware.

THX

Can you explain this a little more ?

whenever i log in, the time is changed

This could be a CMOS battery issue. However I haven't seen it cause BSOD's theres always a first for everything.

Good practice would tell us to have you uninstall your MS studio and see if the problem persists. However the changing of times is kinda weird...

Are you sure you have the time/date setup right ?
Does it always revert back to the same time ?

well maybe visual studio is trying to use a space in memory that is already being used by another driver, conflicting information. causing a driver critical to the system to lose power. try unistalling visaul studio and test it out from there

or it is possible when the system is powering down, there is something stored in memory that is not being erased keeping
the system powered on.

thanks, here is the case: my start up script uses the command net set time ___, so basically when i log in, my time is set to the school's default time. so let's say i install MS VB 2k5 beta 2 at one time (which is not the default school time) then after i log off, and log back in, i get different time (school's default).

i have explained how this works, but i am not sure that this is causing the problem.

i recently downloaded HDD health, which tells me that your hard disk has power-on hours enabled. since i have S.M.A.R.T enabled, that program warned my to back up my data. do you think this can be caused by weak and crappy hard disk? MY hd is seagate.

i will try to uninstall and try to tell you the results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom