The End of P2P is Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
back on subject - p2p programs being shut down.

I am personally torn over wether or not to use/legalize/allow p2p programs. I think it's pretty obviouse who uses/used p2p or not. There is really no use hiding it. Yes, i have used it, fairly heavily in the past, not so much now. When my comp went down and I didn't have the money to fix it, I slowed down tremendously.

My personal experiences:
I have learned more about networking and security from use of p2p
I have also seen more 5417 come from it than anyother program
There are good things and bad things about this.

One saying I really like:
Human knowledge should be shared, not doled out in nice neat little $19.99 packages.

Otherwords: We shouldn't be raping human intellect.

However, as a freelance web designer/programmer I felt very gipped when I was screwed out of 4 grand for work I had done.

The problem rests in the almighty buck. I would have no problem with giving my work for free and receiving work for free given that
1.) all "intellects, developers, engineers, etc" were treated with more respect i.e. tax breaks, public recognition, so on and so forth
2.) we were recognized as the people who advance our race - HUMANS - and not some no name nerd not worth the time.

In turn, the world would have to quite literally flip over before any of this would take effect. But still, I think my point is made, and this is really rather moot.

Alternatly - we as a group can exercise democracy (in america at least, not familiar with other countries fighting p2p) and vote our politicians in that will make decisions our way - unification will do the trick, not fighting and bickering. If a polit. came out and said, p2p and human intellect are public domain with perks - well, he may just have my vote. This all started because someone wasn't happy and started *****ing - plain and simple.

I am glad to read someone is passionate about such a subject,

you and Tyler should battle it out.

that was not meant as a retort to anyone. It is meant however to show some perspective. Im passionate about a lot of things. I feel that everybody should see the big picture. You and tyler were really heatin up there for a while. Neither was wrong, but neither was right, hell, im probably not right, ill admit it, I just wanted to say my two bits, and if somebody likes it, lets run with it.

hillbillybob said:
I disagree with that, I have received cease and desist emails from one of my past ISP's

From personal experience, i've done my share of downloading and my current ISP has yet to say anything.

lol, that would normally work. In my area, mid west, we no have multiple ISP, we are generally lucky to have HighSpeed. :D ya, there are some alternatives, but out here, one must tread lightly and carry a huge stick.

edit* not midwest, sorry, the venerable arm pit of the nation

Who cares, there will always be websites such as 'warez'

AND

there will always be CD/CDROM/DVD copying.

Whatever way you look at it there will always be pirating!

If big advantage of P2P is you can find about any song on there you want. I never have and never will use it for software. One question, how do those legal programs such as Napster and ITunes compare to P2P programs such as Limewire when it comes to the selection of songs you can get from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom