do you guys keep your pc on while sleeping?

System gets restarted every time I boot

• System gets restarted every time I boot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cmos check sum bad(even after replacing with new cell)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
awhile back i talked to this one sys admin or whateva and he told me they had this one server been running constantly for about a year and then for some reason they had to turn it off for awhile, an hour or so. then when they tried to turn it on again, it didn't.

so sometimes it can also be harmful to turn off your puter.

i turn off my pc when i sleep, usually.

I keep my PC on most of the time bcoz i always download windows updates, imaging tools etc....but turn off the monitor as it consumes 75% of the total power of a PC. But if u r running Windows XP Pro/Home, plz check that you have a UPS attached to your PC as power failure causes the data to be corrupt

I actually care about the enviroment and my power bill so I shut it off, unless it's doing something

I usually turn it off before bedtime. If i'm downloading large files, i'll leave it on all night, depending on size. But i don't do that too often. I'm too much of a worry wart :p

Plus, if you're not able to gain an advantage from leaving it on, why leave it on?

I leave mine on most of the time, and computers only take up as much as 4 light bulbs, things that produce light or sound don't take up that much energy it's things that move, produce heat or cold that take up the most energy.

Well right now I keep it on because I'm downloading a bunch of files *cough*music,quake4*cough* on shareaza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom