Post Boot / slow install

Status
Not open for further replies.

eipeks

In Runtime
So, once again I have found a frankensteiner to play with. Here's whats happening.

Post boot shows the Primary Devices, however takes a very very long time to show them. When it eventually shows my HDD (Master) and my CDROM (secondary slave/master) it just sits there for a couple minutes before loading.

There is currently no OS installed, as I am trying to load up Mandrake 10 on it.

It eventually boots from the CD and I begin install, however even that seems extremly slow. I left it over night and it was still going!

What would be causing everything to be slower than a Tandy 1000!!?

Juice Daddy said:
to much heat?

bad ram?

I dont think its overheating. The Temp in the BIOS seems normal. I have also used different RAM in it, and the same things happens.

SHAWN said:

What are the system specs?

It is an

A7V8X-MX SE Mobo
AMD Duron 750
256 DDR PC2700
8 GiG WD HDD
Samsung DVD/CDRW

Like I say, its a frankenstein but I'd like to get it going if I could.

Nope. I've tried 3 HDDs

Even a new Seagate. All the same result.

My only other thought...power supply? Sometimes when I hit the power button, the fans turn on as normal but shut off quickly.... Pauses for 2 seconds....then begins start up.

Of course, always pausing at the Device detection.

Ive tried different IDE cables too.

does it look like any of the drives are trying to read while it's booting?

I don't think it's your processor, you already said you checked the temps, and the rams ok...?

so its not the hard drive either,,?

so I guess that leaves the PSU or the Mainboard

btw, do you have something hooked up in a pci slot, like a modem or something?

EDIT: how well does it boot with nothing pluged in? (HD, CD, pci cards, etc...)

well sounds like you ned to disassemble everything and plug everything in one by one..definately sounds like something on the mobo..let us know how that works out for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom