upgarding my old alienware's mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximusNukeage

In Runtime
howdy! i have a 2 and a half year old alienware computer and i want to bring it up to the current standard by replacing the motherboard (and eventually the GPU). my computer only has an AGP slot and no pci express slots. seeing as me alienware scored 1200 on 3dmark05 it is time to upgrade. my question is can i simply replace my motherboard (by swapping it) and not have any problems? i'm wondering because the computer says it's equipped with hyper-threading and i dont wany to disrupt my computer's functioning.
P.S. my comupter says the prossesor is a pentium 4, shat kind of slot setup will I need?

Depends on just swapping it out are you familiar with computers " Inside them". IF ou want you can replace the motherboard but If you are gonna switch the motherboad get it off of newegg :)

Alienware, you can PROBABLY switch out the mobo just by unscrewing it. Look inside your case and see if the motherboard is like glued or something, if its not, then you can switch it out.

I take it you're getting a whole new PC, and just keeping the case? If so, then tell us and we'll help you design a PC is you need one.

actually i already built a new computer. i just want to get a new mobo and one of those new Radeon cards to upgrade my aging mobo.

How can you build a computer without a Motherboard? Or do you mean you've designed one or bought the parts?

i have designed, build and played one new computer, that is now using it's motherboard. lets call that computer A. now i have a pre-existing alienware computer, lets call that computer B. computer B is getting old and i want to replace its motherboard. this has nothing to do with computer A, which is already built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom