No More Socket 754 Athlon 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmm new socket time, which means new upgrade time, which means no mistakes this time mmm

i was thinking of buying a cheap sempron s754

apokalipse said:
yeah, they're gonna move to socket M2 (Athlon 64's) and Socket F (Opterons)
That will be happening in June 2006.

And (even though AMD is denying it), I have this sinking feeling that Sepron is going to move over to Socket 939.
HOPEFULLY. AMD moved back to one processor socket again in June 2006.
This year, AMD has been $#I+ting me to no end with Socket 754 and 939 processors.
I used to be able to give people a cheap and shity AMD Duron Desktop with good faith that will be able to put in a better processor ATHLON XP on the same board later down the track.

However with the fact that I need change the Motherboard as well as the CPU, I am better off going back to Intel.

However the problem with Intel that the price difference on both the board and the processors. Pretty much all the same with the Celeron and Sempron. However it's a different story when it comes to the Athlon 64 and Pentium IV.

Over all, I am glad that AMD is finally out selling Intel. However they are screwing aroudn the computer buyier that wishes to get a computer that they can upgrade later down the track.

matt2m said:
yah it has 940 pins but it is not compatible with current 940 cpus.thats all i know about it.
Socket 940 is just there for the AMD FX RANGE. And if you can afford an AMD FX Chip, then you can afford to replace the motherboard every time you upgrade.

PZEROFGH said:
mmmm new socket time, which means new upgrade time, which means no mistakes this time mmm

i was thinking of buying a cheap sempron s754

Try and see if you can afford an entry level S939 with new week price drop.

Thankfully the motherboard manufacturers have started to ship out some AMD S939 ALL IN ONE motherboard.
I only just found out todat that can get the Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 Motherboard.
I am quite sure that other manufacturers will be doing the same too.

Harper said:
That will be happening in June 2006.

And (even though AMD is denying it), I have this sinking feeling that Sepron is going to move over to Socket 939.
HOPEFULLY. AMD moved back to one processor socket again in June 2006.
This year, AMD has been $#I+ting me to no end with Socket 754 and 939 processors.
I used to be able to give people a cheap and shity AMD Duron Desktop with good faith that will be able to put in a better processor ATHLON XP on the same board later down the track.

However with the fact that I need change the Motherboard as well as the CPU, I am better off going back to Intel.

However the problem with Intel that the price difference on both the board and the processors. Pretty much all the same with the Celeron and Sempron. However it's a different story when it comes to the Athlon 64 and Pentium IV.

Over all, I am glad that AMD is finally out selling Intel. However they are screwing aroudn the computer buyier that wishes to get a computer that they can upgrade later down the track.

Socket 940 is just there for the AMD FX RANGE. And if you can afford an AMD FX Chip, then you can afford to replace the motherboard every time you upgrade.

Try and see if you can afford an entry level S939 with new week price drop.

Thankfully the motherboard manufacturers have started to ship out some AMD S939 ALL IN ONE motherboard.
I only just found out todat that can get the Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 Motherboard.
I am quite sure that other manufacturers will be doing the same too.

couldnt of said it better myself.

Amen

I got one of my clients giving me a LOT abuse about this issue right now.
So I am just waiting for him to give me another LONG Abusive email that he wants me to forwards over to AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom