Stand by mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker67

Solid State Member
Lately I have been having problems with my stand by mode. Whenever I go to put my computer in stand by mode manually it comes back on by itself without me touching anything. The only thing that I did was go from an optical mouse to one that has a ball on the bottom and not sure if that has anything to do with it. Could anyone help me?

My computer does the same thing sometimes, I think its because since its in standby, and still has power, it comes on whenever there is a scheduled event or something like that. Does it do it after just a few minutes or after a few hours?

It comes back on after a few seconds. I did just install norton antivirus 2005 and seems like it stated after that and not sure if I have to disable norton before I put it on stand by but will try it.
Thanks

If that doesn't work try setting your computer to hibernate instead of standby. It'll take a few seconds to turn back on, but I think the only thing that will get it to start back up is by pressing the power button. If that doesn't work let me know, I think I might know another way but I'll have to research it a bit.

I did try to put it on hibernate and it does the same thing. It'll come back on in a few seconds without me touching anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom