General Overclocking Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
DFI has more than just 10 RAM options dude.

It's the quality of the materials used to make the board, the BIOS options, the BIOSs made for the board things like that. When I say the quality of the materials, I mean things like japanese capacitors which is what DFI uses....they provide the best quality for capacitors meaning the likelihood of them failing or being unstable compared to other boards that don't use them is slim.

Being able to retain good stable voltages, a highly optimized BIOS and things like that make it the best OC'ing board.

People know the max of their CPU because they test it....you can only push a CPU so far before it simply won't be stable....same thing if you're lifting weights...50lbs might be easy, 60lbs might, and you'd just keep going until the bar falls and crushes your neck, then you know next time to not go as far.

The point is, the DFI DOES overclock better, rather it doesn't 'overclock' per se, but it is the best choice for making sure you get all the potential out of your CPU and RAM that you can....it's not world reknowned just for the hell of it ya know.

DFI is mainly for the enthusiasts...it's "Complicated' because mainly it has all those RAM options to tweak and get every ounce of performance out of your system...it's this attention to detail to try and make a board for those who really want to get crazy with their hardware that also makes it the best out there.

Yes the chipsets are the same, nforce4 is nforce4 is nforce4, but the chipset doesn't really directly effect your overclocking.

As for whether or not via does worse/better than an nforce4 chipset, well all the makers who use via chipsets aren't reknowned for having top quality boards made for OC"ing

the voltages too, I can't wait till I overclock my 3200+ Venice and Dfi Lanparty Ultra - D, Nubius saud it best better parts meaning that my voltages you can give to it and the "higher" the OC can go. Thank you for your time hopefull we can get this to work!
~Grim

hey, i was just guessing through the picutres dont blame me, dont got a DFI
yeah I know you don't, so you shouldn't really post if you don't know what you're talking about.

maybe i should get a DFI board, i can only go up to 1.61V Vcore and my cpu is stopping at 2.65 :( i can boot with 2.7 but at windows it restarts.

lol dam that would be annoying but i don't think to u want to take ur cpu much past 1.61 vcore to everyday use :p just out of interest what is the lowest vcore u can use to get that oc stable? mine maxes out at 2.8ghz with 1.55vcore but on my HORRIBLE asus motherboard that means somwhere between 1.5 and 1.6 depending on how it feals at the time :'(

also on topic dfi motherboards are AWSOME beacause they have better componants they can cope with over to 400mhz fsb some of them and most can take at least 350 whilea lot of the other boards max out at like 250-300

maybe i should get a DFI board, i can only go up to 1.61V Vcore and my cpu is stopping at 2.65 i can boot with 2.7 but at windows it restarts.

Meh, could be your CPU crapping out, thats better than what mine does...mine is a week18 so I thought it'd do good when I first got it back in may, but the stupid crap stops at 2.575GHz then it's like no matter how much Vcore I add to it beyond that it just wont stay prime95 stable at 2.6

oh well

i can get 2.35 on stock voltage which is like 1.31 or something like that, then after that i got to raise the voltage.

WHY DOES MY CPU HAVE TO CRAP OUT ON ME!!!

i can get 2.35 on stock voltage which is like 1.31 or something like that, then after that i got to raise the voltage.

WHY DOES MY CPU HAVE TO CRAP OUT ON ME!!!
mine does the same thing, it pisses me off....it goes up to 2.575GHz with basically the same voltage it takes to get 2.2GHz stable which is barely above stock, and then 2.6Ghz, only 25 freakin MHz away won't get stable even when I put ridiculous amount of voltage through it.

1.584 will keep 2.575GHz perfectly stable, 24hours in prime95....1.8vcore won't keep 2.6GHz stable for even 10 minutes in prime...it's the dumbest shit ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom