Rebooting XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, im a lil confused, are you trying to boot from xp cd to reapair/modify/add files ?

going into bios:
upon spash screen, hit, "Del" F2 depending on mainboard, but it should tell you, on bottom left hand side of screen during boot up, to hit Example : ESC to enter bios.
hope this helps.

Let us know what you are trying to do & we will help as much as we can.

then change boot order to boot to Cdrom first,then hd then floppy
Bd

What I mean is a full reboot like if I just bought the computer.
With win98 you put a floppy in first then the cd,Iwant to eliminate the floppy.

Multi, go into Bios, find your "Boot Order"
the first should be "A" floppy
then cdrom
then Hard drive usually Hd0

you want to change it to boot to "CDROM" first
Then Hard Drive
Then Floppy

then xp will load setup files etc.
if you get stuck, and you have AIM or Msn messenger I will walk you thru it.

@ByTeDeMoN
Cheers for the info,I am not installing it at the moment its just for future reference.
Do you leave the cd in the drive untill it is finished or do you have to remove it.
cheers

Try to press the Esc key while booting up - you should get the Start up Menu - select the cd rom from there and hit enter. (Not sure which all BIOS versions have this option)

to do a fresh install, I would have the boot order:
CDROM
Floppy Drive
Hard Drive

put in the XP CD, when it comes up with format options, select NTFS and after it has formatted, go along with the install, which is pretty straight forward. just set language options, and time zones and that's about it

Multispindle said:
@ByTeDeMoN
Cheers for the info,I am not installing it at the moment its just for future reference.
Do you leave the cd in the drive untill it is finished or do you have to remove it.
cheers

You would leave the cd in there for the entire install. When it is all finished it says please remove any cd's or floppy's from the drive and hit reboot to finish installation...piece o cakkeee :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom