Overclocking (weird) problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphax

Beta member
Hi all,

i'm quite new to overclocking since it's my first attempt to do that. Here is my config :

CPU Athlon 64 3000+
Mother board ASUS A8N-E
1Go RAM Samsung

Using ClockGen I managed to get a 300MHz FSB with RAM at 133Mhz , HTT 3x and VCore at 1.4V. So my CPU was running at 2.7GHz and for what i can say it was stable (super_pi worked and also sandra). I decided to set those parameter (FSB speed) into the bios, but then i could not go beyond 220MHz cause the computer didn't start, it hangs on the step "listing pci devices" just before launching Windows.

Even at 220MHz when I launch ClockGen, it says that the FSB is still at 200 :eek: . Can't understand what is happening there, did i forget something ? Did you have any idea ?

Thanks

For those who are interested, the problem comes from the A8N-E, I finally found this thread and it works ! Weird I told you. Right now i'm running at 285Mhz FSB , 266 (or 133) MHz RAM VCore at 1.375V . This gives us a CPU at quite 2.6GHz . I'm sure i can go litle more by increasing the VCore but i don't know if it's a good idea.

Oups, i probably didn't make myself clear. In fact i wanted to overclock in the bios, but i firstly tested what my system can afford with ClockGen, to not repetedly start and stop my computer each time i increase the FSB by 5MHz. The problem was that with ClockGen i could reach more than 280MHz FSB but then when trying to apply this into the bios, the computer didn't start ! Then I found the solution... Hope I'm clear now, sorry for my english, not my native langage :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom