Refridgerated Water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will not work, your average refrigerator is not designed to cool that much heat (the water in the loop will be heated continously and thus the refrigerator will have to be running 100% of the time. If you have ever paid attention to your refrigerator, it's actually off more than it is on because it shuts off when the temps get "low enough," well it will not get low enough while a constant amount of heat is supplied to it. While a fridge uses up a fair amount of energy, one setup with one of these WC loops will put quite a BIG number on your electric bill. IMO this idea is totally useless, it's been attempted and it has failed almost all of the time. A peltier will give you better results, so would phase change. Peltiers are not THAT much of a pain, if you're willing to take a small refrigerator, start creating a waterloop in and out of it, and drill holes, I don't see why you couldn't just prep the motherboard/CPU against condensation, which isnt all that difficult.

pelts are a pain in terms of how much power they suck up...of course this applies to your high wattage pelts, but that'd be the only ones you'd really want if you wanted to get really cool temps

A small refrigerator which has to cool a waterloop all the time (thus running at 100%), actually, the refrigerator would die. But lets say if it didnt, it'd use up more power than pelts.

I wasn't at all saying that the refridgerator would be a good alternative to pelts, I was simply making a side comment regarding peltiers.

This whole refridgerator thing has been asked a hundred million times already and yeah it's stupid and not worth it.....like I said though I was just merely commenting on pelts as a stand alone statement

Im not arguing on this topic, because it is pritty clear that these methods are pointless to use. (witch i think everyone has come to that conclusion)

but just for information.....

you could just substitute a small A/C unit running on low, and some kind of box like housing covering the computer and only having an intake on the housing for the A/C's cold output, and one exaust hole on the box housing routed directly to the A/C's intake.... That will basicaly do the same thing as the fridge except the A/C unit is designed to run continuously..... and since the box like housing would be much smaller then a room the size that the A/C unit is designed for, the A/C can just run on low and use as little power as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom