The End of P2P is Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
Well not today but very soon. I can honestly say all P2P programs will be shut down and banned in 2007 the way things are going now. Aparently BearShare, eDonkey and WinMX and 4 others were forced to shut down I'd assume Kazaa is among them. It's safe to say the days are numbered.

If that is so then why does Vista have a P2P built into it?

Because that is falsehood listen up it's a common cheap defense saying MSN messenger is P2P because it can transfer files you all know very well the discussion is only for the big players with massive file swapping programs.

Now before everyone starts thoughs arguements ask yourself why are the big boys shutting down. It isn't because they feel like it the law finally stepped in and it's over.

BearShare, eDonkey, WinMX, Limeware, Shareaza, Kazaa, 1 mystery company have already been forced to shut down or rework the entire program and make it nice and secure which probably means you are waiting for the next DRM that everyone is so afraid of. You cannot compair these 6 companies to simple single file transfers between friends end of story.

is it not just a case of the company relocating to a more p2p friendly country,

after all it wouldn't be to hard as there are no bulk goods involved,

you are talking about US court rulings only!

Well that hasn't been done yet. And your not 100% correct the Brits and Dutch are also going after these companies if you followed up on past cases. You don't want to relocate to a communist nation do you?

Even if you move out of the US they still have some authority also as it is the US songs that are being pirated a big no no in International Laws which would allow US to step in.

Well I knew that Europe would more than likely follow suit to the US,

I was talking about China for instance or India which is not communist as you seem to dislike the communists because you have grown up with US Government sponsored Propganda,

there are 193 countries to choose from and in many of them the US as no influence in the slightest.

Really, if they want to shut down P2P, then all ISP would need to do is start blocking ports.

um noob don't you ever say I listen to the US progoganda, take some time to know me please.

It's also not as easy as you say it is. Will the enployees want to move to the new locations taking their family with them or leaving them behind. Will the Enployer wish to set up base in a country where he is not fluent in the language. There are complications.

I put forward a solution to the problem to see if it stands,

so that you will tell me if it is different,

the stuff about family and language is not much of a barrier,

the software license could be sold to a Chinese company or they could relocate the HQ but work from home or go underground,

I know you hate p2p for some reason but I don't think every form of file sharing will be shut down all over the world so that it is not in common use, it is not practical no matter how much you dream of it, that is all I'm trying to say,

in actual fact Tyler I think you are a closet p2p user or this is just an online identity you have created to spice it up (an alter-ego)

heh thats an amusing thought yeah tyler1989 is an alter ego how is it hard to believe that I actaully code some basic software and I'd be pissed if I was selling it but not making profits because of pirating. Sure it isn't hurting the big boys but that doesn't make it right. But what it is doing is killing the people just starting out that do not have millions of dollars they cannot have their product pirated. How can language not be a barrier if you don't know it, All the different Chinese dialects can be confusing making it difficult. How can one hope to program in C++ if all he knows is Visual Basic. I'd have a hard time living in America if I didn't know english. Yeah it's true I hate P2P and I'm not saying all forms will be shut down but what I am saying is that the big 7 players mentioned are being shut down or being made 100% legal not making them what we have come to think of P2P. Limeware is vowing right now to make a 100% legal file transfer software. From what I read every single file must have a signature permitting distrobution by the producer. Could one make fake signatures I'm not sure. And as for having an "underground" company is that realistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom