windows XP installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzedbunny

Solid State Member
well i formated my hard-drive and even low-level formated my hd. But now when I try to install windows xp it says there is an internal process error and that it can not find a swap file. Also the reason i think its my comp is so screwed is cause my partition table is messed up. I use disk genius for a partition manager program. Which can also be found at www.diskgenius.com
Can some1 help me put back my partition table back together and tell me what to do thx guys. :)

If you formatted there is no swap file...... Reformate and get ride of everything this time.

wait i think the problem is an error that says ntldr is missing what does that mean and how can i fix it

buzzedbunny said:
wait i think the problem is an error that says ntldr is missing what does that mean and how can i fix it

hit a key to boot from the xp cd.

use powermax in my signature to wipe your hard drive clean, then reinstall windows

You can use a win98boot disk also and after its all loaded run fdisk to delete all partitions and creat a new active dos partition that is if your having a problem using the win xp disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom