Computer heats my room up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think off it as saving on heating costs this winter. With energy prices soaring, that ain't a bad thang.

^^lol exactly, i put two pcs in the same room with 3 CRT monitors. it gets sooo hot even if it is only 20F outside, im nice and toasty. soon to add a new LCD monitor also, but i haerd LCD dont give off a lot of heat :(

PZEROFGH said:
^^lol exactly, i put two pcs in the same room with 3 CRT monitors. it gets sooo hot even if it is only 20F outside, im nice and toasty. soon to add a new LCD monitor also, but i haerd LCD dont give off a lot of heat :(
Keep the CRT running there if you are trying to save on your Winter Power Bill.

I find that the CRTs give out the most heat. About the only time that I notice the heat from the CPU is when putting it under a lot of a load for a long time.

My room heats up too, and the exhaust of my computer is not what's doing it, it's the exhaust from my power supply. The two fans are right on top of eachother on the back of my case, the bottom one (computer exhaust) blows cool, while the other blows hot.

You may not be able to set this up depending on where in the room your computer is. Buy one of those tubes that is meant to hook up to your side fan and your CPU. If you put it on the back of your PS and point it out the window it may help (atleast for me it did).

I used to have that problem w/ all my Thermaltake fans. Im not in my room anymore so i dont notice it at all. The only thing i can say is 1 window unit or 2 get a big fan and put it over your AC vent (if its on the floor)If not then point it at you.

Harper said:
Keep the CRT running there if you are trying to save on your Winter Power Bill.

I find that the CRTs give out the most heat. About the only time that I notice the heat from the CPU is when putting it under a lot of a load for a long time.

especially my dell monitor.

Water cooling would increase the temperature more.
ehhh, how so exactly.

things like CPU and GPU are giving off less heat thanks to the water absorbing it which is pretty much contained within the loop and like gaara said, would mostly be coming from the radiator....like harper said, yes you're moving the heat basically, but it's still cooler than if you imagine the heatsinks with the hot air being directly blown around...not that there's a noticeable difference in it 'heating up your room' but water cooling would certainly not cause a rise in temperature.

And yeah my computer heats up my room too....the PSU alone puts out the hottest air in terms of, if you put your hand infront of the fan and feel it being blown out.

But the lights in this room are also crappy...you can feel heat radiating off them from a few inches away....it was 70F this morning in this room, once I turned the computer on, plus lights, plus human body temperature, it rises to 75F fairly quickly.

All the heat has to go somewhere.

Watercooling is much more effective at moving the heat, so you would have less collected heat in the computer.

Yeah, um, a watercooling setup would heat the room up more. I'm with DJ-Chris all the way. The heat has to go somewhere. The water cooling setup requires more energy to run. So, you're burning more energy in your room by keeping water cooling running, AND, you're just moving the heat more efficiently from your computer to your radiator, which helps heat your room just as much.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom