Refridgerated Water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the dilemna, of course, would be what to do with the water as it dripped off the CPU from the temp differential as the cold block & hot CPU contact each other.
there is no dilemma or need to 'stabilize' any temperature....this is why they make insulation, and dielectric grease solely for computers for such things as this, or better yet, chilled water loops and phase change. I say 'no dilemma' based on the fact, that if you're wanting this kind of extreme cooling, you should know the risks and things you need to protect against things like condensation

Neoprene padding + dielectric grease = safe for CPU and no condensation

Conformal coating:
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=92&cat=31&page=1

Dielectric Grease:
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=91&cat=31&page=1

Neoprene:
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=94&cat=31&page=1

Theres all you need to protect against condensation when it comes to sub-ambient temps for your CPU

Sure, those will seal the CPU. But even with all that protection in place, don't you agree that condensation WILL form, and that when it does, it has to go somewhere? So it drips across the grease & conformal, down to the edge of the CPU, and off into the bottom of the case. Do we then just let it evaporate?

I guess perhaps a sponge would suffice there, giving more surface area to the water to evap as quickly as possible.

Good thoughts, much better than someone saying "the refrigerator is a dehumidifier, there is no moisture inside a fridge" and other malarky I just got done reading in another cooling post. Someone really needs to understand supercooled air, normal air, and the mositure content of each.

no, dude...that's the whole point of that grease and conformal coating is to form an AIR TIGHT SEAL around the CPU, socket, etc..etc...no air is in there, thus no condensation.

if condensation still formed, then why would they even make these things.

The conformal coating goes on the back of the mobo, around the edge of the socket, etc....the dielectric grease fits in the actual holes of the socket, the neoprene is cut to fit the shape of the socket and around your block, dielectric grease is put in between each layer of neoprene, you're completely sealing off air from the cold, so thus no condensation...same goes for the tubing except you just wrap it in neoprene or something similar

Ok, I am tracking now. I didn't realize you meant sealing it that completely. Sounds like a lot of work, but it must really rock once it is done!

that's why it's not just a 'oh I guess I'll do chilled water' today kind of thing...it's for experienced people wanting to use extreme measures of cooling and are willing to put forth such an effort

I'd only mess with phase change if I was ridiculously rich....even if I could buy a nice vapochill unit and whatnot....doing the condensation protection would be a pain in the ass...and of course you'd better make sure to test your CPU before you put all that on..

also I don't know how many people actually use phase change as a 24/7 solution

o god, not again... saying that your posts are wrong should be enough if commen sence kicked in.. but ill point it out anyway..

F6Hawk said:
Sure it matters how much pipe you have. It's called friction losses. And FL is high for ANY pipe under 3/4" ID. The more tubing you have, the more friction the water has to overcome to flow. And elbows, coolng blox, pump, etc, have even higher FL.

There using water with additives, not jellow... friction is the last thing they need to worry about.... they obviousely dont use elbows in the system, i put that in the picture because i wasnt going to take the time to draw loops..... and the blox and pump are always part of the system no matter what, so thy dont factor into the equation.

F6Hawk said:
Good thoughts, much better than someone saying "the refrigerator is a dehumidifier, there is no moisture inside a fridge" and other malarky I just got done reading in another cooling post. Someone really needs to understand supercooled air, normal air, and the mositure content of each.

Im the one who posted that the fridge is a dehumidifier in the other thread.... and if you didnt understand it then you just dont understand how an A/C works... I only posted the facts, so if you lookinto it yourself with some research(if you wonted to), then you will understand.. Im certified for A/C repair, so iv been breifed on it b4, besides my own common sence and nowledge.

europeans use 90 degree angles all the time...I swear I never thought different countries would argue about water cooling, but they believe in 90 degree angles, thinner tubes and weaker pumps...I believe their reasoning was because with stronger tubes the water 'goes by too fast' and can't grab the heat :rolleyes:

I remember a european and someone from america were argueing about that once at XS

Nubius said:
europeans use 90 degree angles all the time...I swear I never thought different countries would argue about water cooling, but they believe in 90 degree angles, thinner tubes and weaker pumps...I believe their reasoning was because with stronger tubes the water 'goes by too fast' and can't grab the heat :rolleyes:

I remember a european and someone from america were argueing about that once at XS
no way, lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom