Good sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

supra94

Solid State Member
I am looking for a good sound card. I have heard this one is good and that one is good and i need a better opinion, so that is why i am making a thread. keep in mind i am running a PIII at 1.1GHz

Theres basically 3 types of people; those who can afford a regular sound card, those who can afford a Audigy, and those who can afford a X-Fi. I'm the first one :(... The Live is one of the best in the regular area.

same here but I heard the better sound card you get the less lag for a pc. So i bought a 30$ opposed to my 5$ and nothing big happened. I suppose if you drop 120$ on an audigy you might see a lil differnce.

I may be wrong, but the only time your computer would "lag" is when you use the onboard sound, which requires your processor to do the work. With a sound card, it's 100% on the card, whether it is a high quality card or not.

no, your computer shouldnt lag from onboard, but then again it does depend on your processor. i have an xp 2800+, i've ran onboard untill i got an audigy2 and i see very little difference....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom