Next build - $900 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you even look at the graphs in the first link I provided? When they left the CPU at the stock multiplier (12), the EPoX was able to reach a higher FSB (242). Now that's only 4 higher than the DFI, but notice in my original post, I said the EPoX was "slightly" better.

However, when you lower the multiplier, the DFI was able to reach a higher FSB (318 compared to the EPoX's 302).

thanks alex.

and beardo is right on this one, because he meant that the epox was better at the stock multiplier. dfi is better when you lower the multiplier.

How does it depend on the CPU and the RAM? They used top of the line stuff for the CPU and RAM, so it's not an issue. Why would a reputable site like Anandtech give misleading information?

EDIT: banefulassasin: scroll down to the bottom of the page where it lists the "output" specification. Notice it says "+12V1@18A, +12V2@18A." This means you have two 12 volt rails, one at 18 amps, and the other at 18 amps also. Add them together and you get 36 amps. You're good to go. :)

right now i have enough money for what i have listed and thats it. around christmas ill probably have enough to go for the sli version of the mobo, and 2GBs of ram instead of 1.5. I'm not sure if that will leave me anymore for a better psu. but the fortron 450W is pretty good anyway.

They also used the same CPU and RAM on each motherboard in the test setup. The motherboard was the only thing that changed, so if the CPU and RAM is the problem, it's the same problem for all the motherboards in the test. The motherboard is the only variable. I assumed you were smart enough to figure that out; however, you're still missing the point. I never just flat out said that the EPoX was better. I gave a specific example. Look at the graphs. I'm not making it up when I say the EPoX beat the DFI in overclocking when the stock CPU multiplier was used.

well im just saying epox wont be best for everyoen, sense not everyone has high end stuff on everything especiall when you only have a 900 dollar budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom