Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you do they can't just hand them out. But it's ok I guess because the msdn packadge you get Visual Studio free, Free OS's, and more. It's like buying everything for about the price of 1.5 items. It's only about a little more than when XP was released with a $300 price tag so think of it as for paying a little more you get any OS you want, all the licenses you want, all the software you want (MS software), and all the beta's you want. I found that a good deal.

Did you get it yourself ?
I have to wait another month before we start testing Vista in a Test.Dev environment. I would like to get a "non-pirated" version of this prior to working on it.

I saw the MSDN subscriptions costing about $500.00 but I am not about to spend that.

Yeah it's expensive when you look at it that way but it's not for vista. Here are just a few that I've personally got from msdn and what I think it's worth I'm not sure on the actual price line.

Windows 95B .......... $25
Windows 98SE ........ $30
Windows Me ............ $50
Windows NT ............. $50
Windows 2K ............. $100
Win XP home & Pro... $100/150=$250
Win Server 2003 Enterprise .......... $1000-2000???
WIndows Vista pre release ...... $80
MSDN July 2005 Libraries ......... $10
Visual Studio Profesional .2003/2005......... $1200
MS Virtual PC $39.99-140???
And there is so much more that I haven't even checked into.

When you do the math choosing the cheapest of prices on the list you just saved $2334.99

for the 500 dollar package you get all the OSs....

* Technical content
* Guaranteed online support
* Phone incident support (2)
* Microsoft operating systems (limited use rights)

so why pay 2000 bucks tyler?

Thats incorrect check again. That is for an upgrade over a previous version if you are getting it brand new it should be $700 for the OS packadge.

Some reasons for going to pro for example is so you can get some good Server OS like 2000 and 2003. You also get Visual Studio a impressive peice of software that costs $1200 alone so it's a good deal if your a developer which is trully what MSDN is targeting as their audiance.

From there on in the higher up is generally just better versions of the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom