Did my homework, LCD monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vampire_Slayer said:
Does a DVI connection help all that much? Also do you notice any ghosting at all on the 915N? If so, how much? Do the black levels look ok? Don't wanna hijack, but these may be questions that he could use answered too.

Wouldn't know I've only had the one LCD.
Yes
Very, very, rarely
Yep

Also consider the Viewsonic VP191B. It uses an MVA panel which is better than that TN panel in the VX924.

DVI does indeed make a difference. I have a Samsung 19" 930B Syncmaster LCD, and I think its awesome...the only complaint i have is its a little blurry at 1024x768...kinda reminds me of console games. But on these newer games I can sacrifice AA to run at 1280x1024. Im nervous about FEAR though...

F.E.A.R. is pretty intense on even the most high-end machines. The demo runs fairly well on mine and looks great on my LCD!

j4ckaL said:
Also consider the Viewsonic VP191B. It uses an MVA panel which is better than that TN panel in the VX924.

What are you talking about? TN panels are a gamers panel which offers faster responce times. MVA panels are for MOVIES & Photoeditting.

Those differences don't make 1 better then the other... He needs to buy his MONITOR based on what he's going to use it for mostly...
Based on his HL2 comment, i'm willing to bet it's more about gaming to him.

The Viewsonic VX-924 is a great LCD for any use... Buy it. NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom