5400 rpm vs. 7200 rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.

matte

Beta member
hey,

Is a 7200 rpm going to be that much quicker than a 5400 rpm? Is it actually worth the extra money (100+ dollars). The harddrive is being used in an alienware laptop w/ 3.2 gig processor and 512 ram. Laptop is mostly used to internet browsing and some game play.

thanks!

I feel that there is a difference with a 7200 drive, but for a laptop i would just buy the 5400. For what your doing, dont waste all that money.

I think I'd go with the 5400 if that actually is the price difference. I assume it's an internal hard drive since the $$ difference is that steep. If you're not doing any obsessive gaming, save the cash. Laptops aren't meant for gaming anyway.

Ryan

7200rpm drives run hotter than 5400rpm drives. With a laptop i'd definitely go with the coolest..

Lets just say this I can definatly feel the difference for me and my 2 hard drives one is a sata though so that is probably why I feel soo much difference it is really up to you. if you got the cash get the 7200 but if you don't got the cash don't this one is very tuff. when I was looking at parts for my pc I never did rush it and then now I am very glad that I didn't and enjoy my pc. Thank you for your time hopefull we can get this to work!
~Grim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom